1. RECORD DOUBLES & HARMONIES – Ever thought about how those industry artists have those big-sounding wide vocals? Well just like you need to build chords to create fuller-sounding melodies, you need to record doubles if you need fuller-sounding vocals.
2. USE ADLIBS – Artists these days, rappers in general tend to use lots of adlibs in their music, it allows the artist to jump in between the notes freely & fill the empty spaces in the song making it more exciting.
3. EMPHASIZE WORDS/PHRASES – The main objective of a song is to carry emotion to the listener, If you have something important in your lyrics or a punchline, you should emphasize that certain word/phrase by layering multiple takes of vocals, that way your message or punchline will hit a lot harder.
4. OPEN YOUR MOUTH – Yeah it sounds kinda off but hear me out lol, When recording your vocals make sure to wide open your mouth a bit ( Not all the way wide tho lol) It will really improve your clarity & pronunciation. Try that when you record next time.
5. MEMORIZE YOUR LYRICS:- It’s better to memorize your lyrics while recording than to just read em off the Phone. Memorizing your lyrics while recording will make your delivery & confidence in your voice sound a lot better